Thursday 15 April 2010

Early this morning I had the pleasure of dropping my Mum off for her 11th Marathon in eleven days!!  Rosie arrived late last night following a wonderful run in Dartford where she was superbly supported by local runners.  Before she arrived she had received a splendid and much needed massage.  Rosie told me that having a good leg massage at the end of each run really makes a difference to her performance the next day so she sent out a big thank you to all those people on the route that have helped her with this during the past 10 days!

After leaving Rosie I returned home to walk our dog and wake the children!  I told Michael and Lucy to get dressed as we were off to find their grandmother to deliver her some strawberries for breakfast!!  We found Mum just passing a perfectly placed turning on Broadmead Road in Woodford and stopped for a brief photo opportunity.  She looks so well and is bursting with energy.  I found it just impossible to think that she has run a marathon each day for the past 10 days!  She told me last night she is third of the way through.

We are back home now cooking her some baked salmon and boiled potatoes for lunch and then we will be off to find her again.  It is such an adventure and I can only wonder what sort of travelling seeds are being placed in the minds of my children as they follow Rosie's progress and learn how much is possible to the determined person.

Thanks for all the help so far and to all those in futures days as the support baton passes on to those wonderful people, both strangers and friends, who will assist her on her way and contribute to the two charities she is dedicating this run to - Ty Havan Hospice and Helen & Douglas House Hospice.

Best wishes

Eve Stanway


No comments:

Post a Comment